I have access to fabric paints and a sewing kit complete with embroidering thread. I don’t know that I should be watching 80’s movies while I’m decorating my clothes.
little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
In my experiences, lighting is super important to your mood. My house has been super dark and all the windows have been closed and it’s really dreary and makes me feel really weighted down as soon as I walk in. Places with a lot of windows or natural sunlight always make me feel at ease.